Friday, October 4, 2013

PLANE CRASH: READ ShockingDetails As Eyewitness RecountOrdealAn airport taxi driver, MathewBabatunde who witnessed the crashnarrated how it happened.He said, “I was just passing the toll gate withpassengers in my car when I saw the aircraftcoming down.I even thought the plane will crash on my carthe way it was bent.My passengers immediately shouted at methat I should swerve the car. Immediately, Iswerved my car then I saw that the planewas struggling to go back up.It eventually hit a Mango tree behind SarahaTank Farm. Immediately the plane hit thetree, it divided into two and caught fire. I sawone man walked out with his leg, he wassupported by two other people. It took about20 minutes before ambulance came andanother forty minutes before fire servicepeople arrived the scene.“Those around, including Air Force, Arik andother Nigerians were helping to rescue thevictims.“I am not working again today, I want to goand park my car now. I am no longerinterested.”Another witness, Mrs. Chidinma Nwoke spokewhile crying, saying she was among the firstpeople who arrived the scene of the crash.She said “we tried to help the victims but thesoldiers and airport officials refused. They saidit is dangerous and that we were not wearingsafety boots.“It is horrible. I saw a woman who tried tojump out but she got hooked on the fenceand she died there. The fire outbreakconsumed most of them, including one manwho was almost out. That man would havebeen alive if the fire services were on groundearly enough. He was almost out of theaircraft but fire caught his trousers and thatwas how he got burnt”.“I saw a man who wore a white trouserwalked with his legs from the crash. He hadonly a slight injury on the head and wastaken to the clinic near the toll gate”.Another person who witnessed it, Mr. NasirRamon Olanrewaju, a senior communicationsmanager working at the headquarters ofUnited Bank for Africa (UBA), simply said, “Iwas at a private hangar waiting for a flight toGhana when I saw the plane, an Embraercome down at the airport. I saw it plungedinto a building, close to Tank Farm at theairport, close to toll gate”.Source: VanguardPosted by foluso on October 4, 2013.Categories: News Feed


No comments:

Post a Comment